Monday, March 21, 2011

California Sea Lions

We were able to get to within 10 feet of these Sea Lions. What a sight!
                            



4 comments:

Esther said...

Very nice!!

What would you have done if they had come flapping after you :)

maria said...

They are able to generate a speed of 40 miles per hour. I am not...Perhaps I would have tried to fight them off with my camera...(My camera is VERY heavy! :)

Adrianne said...

These are actually California sea lions. You can tell because of their dark brown/black coat and the males have a "sagital crest" that lighter bump on top of their head. Steller sea lions are all light tan and have slightly darker flippers.

maria said...

Thanks for the comment and correct identification of the Sea Lions Adrianne!

A person who claimed to work for the Sea Lion Rescue Station told us they were Stellar Seals. I did a little research and am sure you are correct though! Thanks again.

Post a Comment